- Do you let individual families and couples stay at Mo-Ranch or do you have to be a part of a group?
Yes, individual families and couples are very welcome. No, you do not have to be a part of a group to stay here. View Reservations Overview for more information
- Can the public come for just the day? Absolutely! Click here for more information about our day use policy.
- Are pets allowed at Mo-Ranch? No pets are allowed with the exception of service animals. Please contact our guest services department for advanced service animal approval.
- Can a person just come out for the day and swim or picnic?
Yes. We do charge a nominal day-use fee per person, per day. Please check with Registration for rates and availability.
- Do you have family reunions at Mo-Ranch?
Yes, many families hold reunions here. Some have made Mo-Ranch to annual family gatherings that go back several decades.
- Where is a phone that I can use?
We have pay phones in the lobby and each housing facility has a house phone where you can place calling card calls.
- What does ELP mean?
Environmental Leadership Program
- Are there TVs or phones in the rooms? Why not?
No, there are neither televisions nor telephones in the rooms to help create a more peaceful environment for you, our guests.
- Do you have to be Presbyterian to stay at Mo-Ranch?
No, people of all faiths are welcome here.
- Why is it called Mo-Ranch?
Dan Moran, the previous owner, named the ranch. Moran Ranch was a bit of a mouthful so he called it Mo-Ranch. See History for more information.
- What is the official name?
When purchased in 1949 from Moran's estate, Mo-Ranch was officially named Presbyterian Mo-Ranch Assembly. Most people prefer the simplicity of "Mo-Ranch" and some just call it Mo.
|Things to Know
- Mo-Ranch Guidelines for Facility Usage
- Check-in time is 4 p.m.
- Check-out time is 11 a.m.
- Pets are not allowed at Mo-Ranch.
- Alcoholic Beverages and Smoking
- Public use of alcohol is prohibited.
- Alcoholic beverages are restricted to moderate use in private quarters.
- Smoking is prohibited in all Mo-Ranch facilities.
- Food preparation and Storage
Preparation and storage of food in accommodations without kitchens is prohibited.
- Medical Services
Mo-Ranch does not provide a doctor or nurse for guests on the ranch. Emergency "911" service is available from Kerrville which is 23 miles away. Groups that require medical staff on site are asked to make their own arrangements.
- Rollaway Beds & Extra Person(s) in Rooms
- Rollaway beds are not allowed in group style housing.
- Hotel accommodations are designed to sleep 4 people per room. Requests for rollaways ($7/per day) must be made in advance.
- One adult must stay in each room where children 12 years and under are housed.
- Children and Youth
Youth groups are required to have one adult for every 5 youths housed in the same facility.
- Deposits and Refund Policy
- If the first deposit and a signed contract are not received within fourteen (14) days from the date of the contract, that space will become available to others on a first come first served basis.
- Deposits are non-refundable if cancellation is less than 60 days prior to arrival.
- Housing lists including the name and address of each person attending an event are due at Mo-Ranch fourteen (14) days prior to your arrival.
- 25% of the total projected cost of the stay is due twenty-one (21) days from the date of the contract, with an additional 25% deposit due sixty (60) days prior to arrival.
**For Conferences and other Programs, see information particular to that event.
- Taxes and Liability
- State of Texas Hotel Occupancy Exemption Certificate must be on file prior to arrival or your account will include state occupancy tax on accommodations.
- Mo-Ranch is not responsible for belongings, equipment, displays, supplies, written material, or any other items left unattended. Mo-Ranch also is subject to the Texas Hotel Limited Liability Law which requires us to provide secure storage (our safe for guest valuables).
- The guest is responsible for any damage to Mo-Ranch property during the course of their event and for the return of borrowed property in its issued condition.
- No linens or towels are to be removed from sleeping quarters. Guests are expected to provide towels for swimming or blankets for outdoor use.
Mo-Ranch does not provide transportation to our facility. We do have a working relationship with a transportation company and a car rental agency through which arrangements can be made.
- Meeting Space and Recreational Facilities
- Mo-Ranch reserves the right to reassign meeting room space upon fluctuating attendance or program groups in order to accommodate the needs of each group.
- Recreational facilities of Mo-Ranch are available on a first come, first served basis. Availability is also subject to the scheduling of assigned staff for proper safety and supervision.
The maximum size for any single email that we can receive is 10 MB. If your attachments total more than this amount, please send them in separate emails. If you need to send an attachment that is larger than 10 MB, please contact 1-800-460-4401 x229.
|What to Bring
- Casual clothing
- A sweater or jacket for cool evenings
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Alarm clock
- Camera and film
- Sports equipment you might want to use
- Notebook or journal
- Study materials you wish to share or use on your own.
- Sturdy shoes for ropes course (if participating)
- Bathing suit
- Swim Towel
- River shoes
- Insect Repellent
- Conference specific items - see Conference detail