The Environmental Leadership Program has been offering quality outdoor and environmental education opportunities to schools and other groups from Texas and beyond since 1989.
The recreation facilities
of Mo-Ranch provide an awesome outdoor classroom on the land, in the water—and even in the air.
A variety of housing options
are available, all of which are climate-controlled and provide separate sleeping areas for males and females.
Meals are served in the King Dining Hall
, where our kitchen staff prepares three nutritious meals a day and strives to meet special needs. Our Reduced Food Waste Policy educates students about food, the environment, and being good stewards of our natural resources.
We pride ourselves on working hand-in-hand with the faculty of each school to design a program that best suits the needs of their students. Come inside and see what we can do for you.
- To promote growth in group cooperation and leadership skills, self-confidence and self-worth through challenging activities in a supportive environment.
- To promote a sense of community involvement, belonging and responsibility through daily living in a residential setting.
- To stimulate interest and achievement in academics through hands on, interdisciplinary activities that show real life relevancy.
- To develop environmental awareness and an understanding of responsible management of our natural resources, through learning and living in the natural environment.
- To provide the individual and/or group an opportunity for spiritual growth through reflection in a natural environment, free from many of society's daily distractions.
- To provide positive adult role modeling through the participant's interactions with the ELP staff and their group leaders.