Do you let individual families and couples stay at Mo-Ranch or do you have to be a part of a group?
Can the public come for just the day?
Do you have Wi-Fi or cell service?
Yes, there is Wi-Fi available in many of the common areas around Mo-Ranch.
We offer Wi-Fi in the following areas of our guest lodging, meeting spaces and facilities:
- Mabee Registration Building
- Pheasant Run hotel rooms
- Wynne-Flato hotel rooms
- Main Auditorium
- Nicklos Place (Nicklos Place only, there is not Wi-Fi the cottages)
- Nicklos Barn
- Manor House
- Pilot House
- Braun House
- Ramada (behind the Mo-Ranch pool)
- Guest Lodge
- King Dining Hall
Cell phone service is limited due to our remote location. Ask our guest service agents at the registration desk for the best locations on the ranch to pick up a cell signal. A public phone for outgoing calls is available in the lobby of the Mabee Registration Building.
Do you have to wear wristbands?
Yes, each guest must wear a wristband around their wrist for security purposes. This signifies they are an approved guest that is currently staying/visiting Mo-Ranch.
Are pets allowed at Mo-Ranch?
Do you have family reunions at Mo-Ranch?
Are there TVs or phones in the rooms? Why not?
Do you have to be Presbyterian to stay at Mo-Ranch?
Why is it called Mo-Ranch?
What is the official name?
What are the hours for the King Dining Hall?
The dining hall is typically open year-round, with the exception of off-season months. During our off-season in the winter months, hours will vary.
Breakfast is served daily from 7:30 AM – 8:30 AM.
Lunch is served daily from 11:30 AM – 1 PM.
Dinner is served daily from 5:30 PM – 7 PM.
Don’t miss the barbecue served down by the Pecan Grove during our summer months on Wednesday and Saturday evenings!
For more information about our dining options, click here.
Things To Know
Mo-Ranch Guidelines for Facility Usage
- Check-in time is 4 p.m.
- Check-out time is 11 a.m.
- Pets are not allowed at Mo-Ranch.
Alcoholic Beverages and Smoking
- Public use of alcohol is prohibited.
- Alcoholic beverages are restricted to moderate use in private quarters.
- Smoking is prohibited in all Mo-Ranch facilities.
Food Preparation and Storage
Rollaway Beds & Extra Person(s) in Rooms
- Rollaway beds are not allowed in group style housing.
- Hotel accommodations are designed to sleep 4 people per room. Requests for roll aways ($20/per day) must be made in advance.
- One adult must stay in each room where children 12 years and under are housed.
Children and Youth
Taxes and Liability
- State of Texas Hotel Occupancy Exemption Certificate must be on file prior to arrival or your account will include state occupancy tax on accommodations.
- Mo-Ranch is not responsible for belongings, equipment, displays, supplies, written material, or any other items left unattended. Mo-Ranch also is subject to the Texas Hotel Limited Liability Law which requires us to provide secure storage (our safe for guest valuables).
- The guest is responsible for any damage to Mo-Ranch property during the course of their event and for the return of borrowed property in its issued condition.
- No linens or towels are to be removed from sleeping quarters. Guests are expected to provide towels for swimming or blankets for outdoor use.
Mo-Ranch does not provide transportation to our facility.
Mo-Ranch is 90 miles one-way, or a 2-hour drive from the nearest airport (SAT), allow 3 hours travel/check-in time for departures. We recommend generally scheduling arriving flights before 3 p.m. and departing flights after 3 p.m. to be sure you do not miss any of your event. Click here for directions to Mo-Ranch.
If you are in need of shuttle service to Mo-Ranch, call Kars for Hire in Kerrville at (830) 890-8200 at least 15 days in advance to arrange transportation from San Antonio International Airport.
Meeting Space and Recreational Facilities
- Mo-Ranch reserves the right to reassign meeting room space upon fluctuating attendance or program groups in order to accommodate the needs of each group.
- Recreational facilities of Mo-Ranch are available on a first come, first served basis. Availability is also subject to the scheduling of assigned staff for proper safety and supervision.
What to Bring
- Casual clothing
- A sweater or jacket for cool evenings
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Alarm clock
- Sports equipment you might want to use
- Notebook or journal
- Study materials you wish to share or use on your own
- Sturdy shoes for ropes course (if participating)
- Bathing suit
- Swim Towels
- River shoes
- Insect Repellent
- Conference specific items – see Conference page for details