Additional Things to Know about Summer Camp at Mo
Opening and Closing Days
Please be aware that the procedures for our Opening Day & Closing Day programs have changed based on recommendations of the CDC for camper, parent and staff well-being. Any future changes will be communicated through our office manager/registrar.
Registration window: 2-4 p.m.: In order to limit large gatherings and exposure to our living quarters, our opening day process will be adjusted for the care of our camper families, campers and staff. Mo-Ranch Summer Camp will require all campers to be transported by personal vehicle with their parent or guardian to verify health history and cover our screening procedures.
Based on the provided guidelines, we have made the determination that campers who require communal travel (flights, buses, group travel) should defer their Mo-Ranch Summer Camp attendance to a further date for the health and safety of all parties involved.
- All registration will take place at the Youth Plaza Courtyard. Follow the signs toward the Youth Plaza and our staff will help you line up and go through our check-in and registration process. You will receive a specific timeframe to bring your camper based on their age and group from our camp registrar between 2 and 4 p.m. Campers who have siblings will be allowed to check-in together, based on the oldest camper’s timeframe. Vehicles that arrive early are able to go to the bookstore in the Mabee Lobby or wait un line on the road between the tennis courts and the Youth Plaza entrance. Signs and staff will direct vehicle starting at 1:45 p.m. Bathrooms are available at the River Pavilion.
- Parents and children will stay in their vehicles throughout the registration process.
- Your first stop will be with our health assistant as they log your camper’s temperature with an infrared thermometer.
- Next, each camper family will go through a screening process with general questions about the camper/s’ health with our health manager.
- Please pack medications separate from the camper belongings, as our health manager or health assistant will take medications during this check-in. Please remember that all medications must be in their original bottle or box and be prescribed specifically to the individual child.
- Our registrar will then work with each parent to ensure that all camper forms have been completed and submitted prior to arrival. All forms can be found on our Forms dashboard in CampMinder.
- Once the screening and registration process is complete, our staff will then unload and disinfect your camper’s belongings. We kindly ask that family members stay in their vehicles to say goodbyes during the screening and unloading process to minimize contact with staff and other campers.
- The parents/guardians will be asked to pull ahead to wait while each camper is checked by our health care staff for head lice. Once your camper is confirmed as being ready to go, staff members will then load their belongings in a truck/trailer to take to Loma Linda.
- If by chance your camper has head lice, they will be required to go home for treatment and/or approval from a medical professional before coming back to camp.
- Campers will congregate with their counselor to start their name games as the rest of their group arrives.
- Once all campers from the specific group have arrived, they will then walk towards Loma Linda with their counselors.
- Additional counselors will be waiting at Loma Linda to help your camper set up their living space. If by chance your camper may have forgotten something in the vehicle, please drop the item off at our front desk in the Mabee Lobby, and our leadership staff will deliver it to your camper.
Closing Day window: 9-10:15 a.m.: Like opening day, we will work with our families to keep large group gatherings to a minimum. The Mo-Ranch Summer Camp awards ceremony will take place on Friday night during our closing campfire. Parents will receive designated times to pick-up their camper and belongings between 9 and 10:15 a.m. at the Wynne-Flato parking lot on the closing Saturday of their respective session based on their age and group. The office manager/registrar will communicate pick-up times for all campers.
Campers who have siblings will be allowed to check-out together with the earliest pick-up time. All campers will walk by a Lost & Found and Arts & Crafts table for any items they may have left behind. Counselors will load your camper’s belongings, so you do not have to leave your vehicle. We ask that reunions stay in the vehicle to respect social distancing during this time.
Don’t forget to register for the following summer to get an Early Bird gift for your camper! Check with our registrar, Nicole Conner to have this paperwork completed before your camper departs to ensure a smooth process.
Due to CDC Guidelines and ACA Recommendations, Mo-Ranch requires a parent/guardian to drop off or pick up campers at this time. For any alternative transportation needs, please check with our registrar about available options.
Remember to label all personal items!
All medications, including over the counter medications, will need to be turned in during registration. Please do not pack them.
- 8 T-shirts. No spaghetti straps, please!
- 8 pairs of shorts
- 8 sets of socks and underwear
- 1 pair sandals with heel strap/water shoes/old tennis shoes for playing in the water
- 1 pair sturdy tennis shoes/day hikers to be worn at all times except in the water
- light jacket or sweatshirt
- rain jacket
- swimsuit: modest one-piece for girls, modest trunks for boys
(Remember to bring something to carry them in!)
- soap & soap dish
- shampoo & conditioner
- toothbrush & toothpaste
- non-aerosol deodorant
- sun screen
- insect repellent
- shower shoes (flip flops)
- dirty clothes bag
- basic backpack
- two sturdy water bottles (VERY IMPORTANT!!)
- ball cap/cap with brim
- flashlight with new batteries
- ground cloth for campout (shower curtain liners work well)
- fun stuff (crazy hats, big sunglasses, robes, silly costumes, etc.)
- Bible (All campers are encouraged to have their own Bible. If your child does not have one or chooses not to bring theirs, Bibles will be available at Mo-Ranch.)
- twin sheets
- pillow & pillow case
- sleeping bag (use as a blanket and for the camp out)
- bath towel & washcloth
- beach towel
- stamped stationary/ postcards
- favorite stuffed animal
Do not bring any of the following items to camp; they will be confiscated:
Money, Apple watch series 3, iPod, cell phone, tablet, iPad, television, electronic games, jewelry, illegal drugs, alcohol, tobacco, fireworks, firearms, knives (including pocket knives), inappropriate reading material, snack foods, candy, drinks or pets.
All personal items brought to camp by campers, staff or parents are the responsibility of the owner.
Mo-Ranch will not be responsible for damaged or lost items.
Mo-Ranch will attempt to locate items left behind, but cannot guarantee retrieval or replacement of lost personal belongings.
Please notify us immediately of lost items.
Campers are not permitted to make or receive phone calls.
We have found that phone calls often promote homesickness and sometimes inhibit your camper’s growth toward independence while at camp.
We ask you respect our judgement on this issue and communicate with your camper through letters, e-mail, and/or care packages. Your campers will be writing home to you as well. However, remember that in a one-week session, you will probably receive their letters after they have returned home. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us at any time.
By Phone: (800) 460-4401
Camp Director – Extension 252
The camp director is often away from the office on camp business or working with your children. Feel free to leave a message and the camp director will always get back to you.
Assistant Camp Director – Extension 253
The assistant camp director is often away from the office on camp business or working with your children. Feel free to leave a message and the assistant camp director will always get back to you.
Office Manager – Extension 234
The office manager will be in the office Monday through Friday, 9:00 am – 4:45 pm. The office manager can answer most registration and payment questions for you and is your daytime emergency contact to the director, counselors or campers. To contact the office manager directly by email, email email@example.com.
In case of emergency after hours you may call (800) 460-4401 and our answering service will contact the staff member on duty immediately.
This is where you will be able to email your child. To send emails you must have CampStamps (see below). Stationery, word games, photo attachments and eLetters each cost one extra camp stamp. If you add a stationery and/or word game, they will not show up until you preview your email.
All emails are limited to 50 lines. Stationery and word games further limit the amount of lines you can type as well. Please make sure to add any stationery or word games BEFORE you start writing your email. If you do so after, your email letter may be cut off.
■ CampStamps are used to send emails to your child. 1 CampStamp = 1
email. You can also use your CampStamps for stationary and word
games, if you so choose.
■ Different CampStamp packages are available for purchase with a credit
card. The packages are available in USD currency. You should know that
stamps rollover from year to year.
We ask that you send you camper with hats, sunglasses, two water bottles and any other clothing that would shield those Texas rays.
Throughout the day we experience rest in the shade, and are always being reminded to drink more water. We have water monsters around camp to make hydration a priority.
In case of light rain, activities will continue as normal. In case of heavy rain or thunderstorms, we will have alternative activities planned inside.
Flooding can also be an issue in the Hill Country. When the low water crossings to the east are flooded, there is a clear route to the west that connects with Hwy 41 and Interstate 10. Mo-Ranch facilities are all safe in times of flooding.
Mo-Ranch Summer Camp has protected photo albums through Waldo. New photos will be available the following day so you can enjoy camp right along with your camper. If you lose the login information, contact us by email firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will verify your address and send the password back to you by email. Passwords will not be given over the phone.
Visit our Mo-Ranch gift shop on opening and closing days! New items for 2021! Our shop will have numerous summer camp shirts and other souvenirs and keepsakes for memories made at Mo-Ranch Summer Camp. During the camp session, campers will visit the Mo-Ranch gift shop for a chance to purchase souvenirs, toys, games and other camp goodies. If your camper runs out or forgets an essential item such as toothpaste or other toiletries, they will be available for purchase in the store. At check-in on arrival day, deposit at least $25 directly into your camper’s store account. Campers are not allowed to bring cash into their dorm. Any funds not used from the camper’s store account at the end of the camp session will be donated to the camp scholarship fund. If you have any questions, you can call the bookstore at 800.460.4401 ext. 232.