Mo-Ranch is a photographer’s paradise!
- In a beautiful photographer’s paradise on the North Fork of the Guadalupe River with hiking trails and habitats including aquatic, riparian areas, grasslands, oak-juniper woodlands and limestone hills.
- Explore the fascinating architecture of the many buildings on the ranch.
- Participants can capture wildlife, such as birds, in different feeding and travel patterns.
- By late March, the wildflowers at Mo-Ranch and the nearby Hill Country habitat include Bluebonnets, Wine Cups, Indian Paintbrushes, Indian Blanket, Antelope Horn Milkweed, Milk Vetch, Spiderwort, Texas Lantana, Drummond’s Phlox, Texas Groundsel, Texas Vervain, White Prickly Poppies, Pink Evening Primrose and many, many more.
- Weather permitting, we will also try to capture some beautiful sunrise photos and for those willing to stay up late, we’ll show you how to create great images of the beautiful night sky and Milky Way.
- Attend/take the workshop with a photographer friend and you can share a room to reduce costs!
2020 information and dates coming soon!
Cost and Housing
Hotel-style lodging accommodations will be available for reservation.
Single Occupancy Room: $605
Double Occupancy Room: $480
Commuter rate: $315 (includes tuition, lunches and dinners; excludes lodging accommodations).
Refer a friend and receive 10 percent off the total price of the retreat!
Promotional guidelines are as follows:
- Participants must be registered within two weeks of the retreat’s start date.
- Participants must list the person’s full name who referred them to the conference in the “additional notes” section of the online registration form. If registering by phone, the participant must register with Echo Truax and clearly state the person’s name who referred them to the conference.
- Referral credits are applied once the referred family has signed up and deposits are processed.
- A $75.00 deposit per participant must accompany registration. The balance of all fees will be due 45 days prior to the start of the event, or upon registration if within 45 days full payment is required at the time of registration.
Questions? We’re happy to help! Contact us at 1.800.460.4401 ext. 246 or email@example.com.
A $75.00 deposit must accompany registration. The balance of all fees will be due 45 days prior to the start of the event, or upon registration if within 45 days full payment is required at the time of registration. Full refund minus $75.00 administrative fee per person will be made if cancellation is received more than 30 days prior to the conference. There are generally no refunds for cancellations received on or after 30 days prior to the start of the event nor any applying of the deposit toward other charges or future deposits.
Camera and manual (Not all cameras are the same and this will help if you have questions).
Tripod—if you have one (Please rent/borrow/bring if at all possible).
Filters- natural density filter—for long exposure shots that allow you to create movement in water & sky.
Trigger release—recommended for long exposure shots.
What to Bring
Linens are provided.
Bring sturdy shoes suitable for Mo-Ranch’s rocky, uneven terrain, casual clothing, a swimsuit and river shoes to enjoy the river.
Bring a light jacket/sweater, flashlight, insect repellent, water bottle, large brimmed sun hat and sunscreen.
Mo-Ranch is 90 miles one-way, or a 2-hour drive from the nearest airport (SAT), allow 3 hours travel/check-in time for departures. We recommend generally scheduling arriving flights before 3 p.m. and departing flights after 3 p.m. to be sure you do not miss any of your event.
If you are in need of shuttle service to Mo-Ranch, call Kars for Hire in Kerrville at (830) 890-8200 at least 15 days in advance to arrange transportation from San Antonio International Airport.