Photography Weekend Getaway
October 14-16, 2022
Registration Coming Soon!
“This was a great experience. Love Mo-Ranch!”
Hone your photography skills through a variety of guided photoshoots and explore photo software techniques during hands-on lab sessions!
- In a beautiful photographer’s paradise on the North Fork of the Guadalupe River with hiking trails and habitats including aquatic, riparian areas, grasslands, oak-juniper woodlands and limestone hills.
- Explore the fascinating architecture of the many buildings on the ranch.
- Participants can capture wildlife, such as birds, in different feeding and travel patterns.
- Weather permitting, we will also try to capture some beautiful sunrise photos and for those willing to stay up late, we’ll show you how to create great images of the beautiful night sky and Milky Way.
Attend/take the workshop with a photographer friend and you can share a room to reduce costs!
- Camera and manual (Not all cameras are the same and this will help if you have questions).
- Tripod—if you have one (Please rent/borrow/bring if at all possible).
- Filters- natural density filter—for long exposure shots that allow you to create movement in water & sky.
- Trigger release—recommended for long exposure shots.
- USB drive –to store photos from lab sessions.
- Personal laptop/software –if you prefer working on a personal device with a preferred photo software during lab time.
2022 leadership information coming soon!
Cost and Housing
Our all-inclusive, hotel-style lodging accommodations will be available for reservation. After receiving your registration, a member of our team will contact you within seven business days to confirm additional details such as housing requests (roommates), dietary needs, t-shirt sizes, etc.
Anticipated 2022 Pricing
Single Occupancy Room: $625
Double Occupancy Room: $475
Commuter rate: $315 (includes tuition, lunches and dinners; excludes lodging accommodations).
Promotional guidelines are as follows:
- Participants must be registered within two weeks of the retreat’s start date.
- Participants must list the person’s full name who referred them to the conference in the “additional notes” section of the online registration form. If registering by phone, the participant must register with Echo Truax and clearly state the person’s name who referred them to the conference.
- Referral credits are applied once the referred family has signed up and charges are processed.
Questions? We’re happy to help! Contact us at 1.800.460.4401 ext. 246 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Scholarships are available! Click here to learn more.
Full refund minus administrative fee up to $75 per person will be made if cancellation is received more than 30 days prior to the conference. There are generally no refunds for cancellations received on or after 30 days prior to the start of the event nor any applying of the amount paid toward other charges or future conferences.
- Comfortable/casual clothes and swimwear
- Comfortable walking shoes (close-toed shoes recommended)
- Refillable water bottle
- Flashlight (it is very dark here at night)
- Sunblock, sunshades and hats
- Rain jacket
- A clean face mask for each day, and or full face shield
- Beds are ready upon arrive; hotel rooms do not have mini-fridges, microwaves, TVs or hair dryers, so please plan accordingly.
- Towel are in rooms, and river towels are at the river and pool.
Mo-Ranch is 90 miles one-way, or a 2-hour drive from the nearest airport (SAT), allow 3 hours travel/check-in time for departures. We recommend generally scheduling arriving flights before 3 p.m. and departing flights after 3 p.m. to be sure you do not miss any of your event.
If you are in need of shuttle service to Mo-Ranch, call Kars for Hire in Kerrville at (830) 890-8200 at least 15 days in advance to arrange transportation from San Antonio International Airport.
Make sure to stop by the Presbyterian Mo-Ranch Assembly bookstore during your conference to pick out a souvenir!
We’re happy to help! Contact us at 1.800.460.4401 ext. 246 or email@example.com.