Photography in the Texas Hill Country
March 25-29, 2021
Registration Coming Soon!
Spring Texas Hill Country Photographers’ Boot Camp
Spend five glorious, photography-filled days in the Texas Hill Country capturing some of wonders of all that the world around us has to offer. Learn more about the art of photography, and increase your skill level.
This retreat is PERFECT for beginner and intermediate level photographers with DSLR or Mirrorless interchangeable lens cameras!
If you have been shooting in ‘Auto’ mode, you have been missing out on so many other great features in your camera. This class takes you beyond ‘automatic’ and teaches you the important fundamentals of photography.
This is a 50/50 mix of classroom instruction and fun outdoor photography activities which will help reinforce what you learn in the classroom
The classroom instruction will ensure you have a firm understanding of the fundamentals of photography and how to use your camera most effectively to create excellent images.
We will cover both the technical and artistic aspects of photography including creative techniques.
Put what you learn in class into practice around Mo-Ranch’s 500 acres:
- In a beautiful photographer’s paradise on the North Fork of the Guadalupe River with hiking trails and habitats including aquatic, riparian areas, grasslands, oak-juniper woodlands and limestone hills.
- Explore the fascinating architecture of the many buildings on the ranch.
- Participants can capture wildlife, such as birds, in different feeding and travel patterns.
- By late March, the wildflowers at Mo-Ranch and the nearby Hill Country habitat include Bluebonnets, Wine Cups, Indian Paintbrushes, Indian Blanket, Antelope Horn Milkweed, Milk Vetch, Spiderwort, Texas Lantana, Drummond’s Phlox, Texas Groundsel, Texas Vervain, White Prickly Poppies, Pink Evening Primrose and many, many more.
- Weather permitting, we will also try to capture some beautiful sunrise photos and for those willing to stay up late, we’ll show you how to create great images of the beautiful night sky and Milky Way.
- Attend/take the workshop with a photographer friend and you can share a room to reduce costs!
Register now, space is limited! Questions? We’re happy to help! Contact us at 1.800.460.4401 ext. 246 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
He has a wide range of experience in teaching photographers at all skill levels from beginner to full time professionals. Kevin leads a wide range of popular photography workshops in Central Texas and Colorado.
To learn more about Kevin, visit http://www.kgphotoworkshops.com.
What Kevin’s students say:
“Kevin is a fantastic teacher. He has an interest and a passion for photography and it shows in his teaching. I’ve taken 4 classes with Kevin and have benefited from each one!”
“Kevin has taught me so much about photography. His classes are both fun and challenging! Kevin goes the extra mile to teach students photography using hands-on techniques. He encourages the class to ask questions and he takes the time to be certain that you understand the answer.”
Cost and Housing
Hotel lodging is available! The conference fee listed below covers your housing, conference meals (Wednesday supper thru Sunday breakfast) and program tuition. After receiving your registration, a member of our team will contact you within seven business days to confirm additional details such as housing requests (roommates), dietary needs, t-shirt sizes, etc.
Single Occupancy room: $990
Double Occupancy room: $725
Commuter Rate: $425
Promotional guidelines are as follows:
- Participants must be registered within two weeks of the retreat’s start date.
- Participants must list the person’s full name who referred them to the conference in the “additional notes” section of the online registration form. If registering by phone, the participant must register with Echo Truax and clearly state the person’s name who referred them to the conference.
- Referral credits are applied once the referred family has signed up and charges are processed.
Full refund minus $75.00 administrative fee per person will be made if cancellation is received more than 30 days prior to the conference. There are generally no refunds for cancellations received on or after 30 days prior to the start of the event nor any applying of the amount paid toward other charges or future conferences.
For help with or questions about registration, contact the registrar at email@example.com or 800-460-4401 x 246.
What to Bring
Bring your camera, camera battery and charge, any lenses you own, and if you have a tripod, bring that also!
Linens are provided. Bring sturdy shoes suitable for Mo-Ranch’s rocky, uneven terrain, casual clothing, a swimsuit and river shoes to enjoy the river. Bring a light jacket/sweater, flashlight, insect repellent, water bottle, large brimmed sun hat and sunscreen.
Mo-Ranch is 90 miles one-way, or a 2-hour drive from the nearest airport (SAT), allow 3 hours travel/check-in time for departures. We recommend generally scheduling arriving flights before 3 p.m. and departing flights after 3 p.m. to be sure you do not miss any of your event. If you are in need of shuttle service to Mo-Ranch, call Kars for Hire in Kerrville at (830) 890-8200 at least 15 days in advance to arrange transportation from San Antonio International Airport. Click here for directions to Mo.