Labor Day Weekend • Saturday, September 1, 2018 • 8:30-10:30 p.m.
Join us on Labor Day Weekend for a Saturday evening underneath the starry Hill Country sky of Mo-Ranch while being guided through the night by Planetary Geologist, Eddie Hrncir.
Our planet and star viewing event will include powerful computer-guided telescopes and astronomy lasers for observing all of the Hill Country’s nighttime beauty, and it’s just $10 per person!
Viewing highlights include:
• Planets—Venus, Saturn, Mars and Jupiter. Mars will be making its closest pass to earth in 15 years!
• Andromeda—so far away that we will be looking back in time over 2 million years!
• Hercules Globular Cluster—with over 100,000 stars in a ball!
• Summer constellations
• Finding latitude and true north with the Little Dipper’s star Polaris
• Constellations of the zodiac
Parking will be available at Chapel on the Hill, and seating will be provided. For event reservations or questions, contact 800.460.4401.
Please note: The event will take place regardless of weather conditions. In the event of limited visibility, there will be an educational presentation hosted indoors.